I am SO excited to once again be launching the annual 12 Days of Christmas campaign for Food n’ Focus! This is one of my favorite times of the year in general and it is even more exciting to have the opportunity to cook up some delicious food for you AND offer up some awesome giveaways from some of my favorite brands! I get to work with a lot of awesome companies and receive so many fun products throughout the year that I think it’s only fair to share some of the love with you.
Today’s post is brought to you by my friends over at HelloFresh. I love that they make my life so much easier when things are busy. I love to create new recipes on my own but sometimes it’s nice to have someone else take the guesswork out of meals. HelloFresh offers programs for 2, families and vegetarians and you get the opportunity to choose which meals that you’d like to receive each week. All of the work is done online so there is no need for last minute trips to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. Their meals are gourmet and more importantly, affordable.
My box last week included Thai Beef Skewers, Crispy Cheddar Cheeseburgers and today’s recipe for Sicilian Eggplant Stew. I have never really tried eggplant outside of fried eggplant dripping in marinara so I was eager to dip into this recipe. I love that HelloFresh gives you packets of perfectly portioned ingredients and step-by-step instructions on how to make the meal. I’m telling you, this is the perfect service if you don’t enjoy meal planning or if you don’t have the time to run to the grocery store each week.
If you have the time to grab the ingredients for this delicious stew at your grocery store this week you can easily make this meal at home for your family. I love the combination of roasted eggplant and red peppers all mixed together with ground pork, diced tomatoes and green olives. The meal kit came with a tasty ciabatta roll for dipping and was the star of this meal!
Today’s giveaway includes a HelloFresh delivery for your family on a week of your choice! You’ll be able to choose from 3 of their family-friendly meals to receive in the mail to try out HelloFresh for yourself. You can enter for your chance to win and if you want to try it out for yourself you can also get $40 off of your first shipment using this link. Good luck!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Core and seed bell pepper, then chop into 1-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with 1 TBSP olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Halve, peel, and dice onion. Mince 1 clove garlic. Slice olives into small rounds. Halve ciabatta.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add pork, break up into small pieces, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives,vinegar, and Â½ cup water to pan. Bring to a boil, then
- reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in roasted veggies, and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (to taste).
- Place ciabatta halves in oven, and toast until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Once toasted, rub with remaining garlic clove, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon caponata into bowls, and serve with toasted ciabatta.